NextGen Office Gestational Age Calculation Improvements!
New enhancements in NextGen® Office EHR and Practice Management. In EHR, there are several estimated gestational age calculation improvements in Obstetric Hx. The dosing calculator now suggests the correct milliliter dosage for famotidine 40 mg/5 mL (8 mg/mL) oral suspension. In PM, new and updated claim and ERA payer names and payer IDs are available.
Estimated Gestational Age Calculation Improvements
You can now select which method to use to calculate estimated gestational age (EGA). The Obstetric Hx page includes the following improvements.
- Added the EGA Calculation column where you can select which date to use to calculate EGA. The options are LMP, initial exam, ultrasounds, fundal height at the umbilicus, and quickening.
- You cannot save pregnancy details unless a EGA calculation method is selected.
- You can no longer edit pregnancy details after the pregnancy is completed.
- Initial exam, ultrasounds, fundal height at the umbilicus, and quickening rows now sort according to the dates entered with the oldest date at the top below LMP. LMP, initial EDD, and final EDD rows do not move.
Compared to the previous image, the fundal height and quickening rows moved down below the two ultrasound rows.
In the Active Pregnancy section, we added the EGA calculation method next to the gestational age.
If you change the EGA calculation method in a second/subsequent encounter for a patient with an active pregnancy, a comment is automatically added in Physical Exam (Obstetric > Observations).
- In EHR, the EGA calculation method shows under Obstetric History (Active Pregnancy) in Encounter Summary Preview and the clinical summary print preview.
- In Patient Portal, the EGA calculation method shows in the Encounter Note (including print preview).
Updated Dosing Calculator for Famotidine 40 mg/5 mL (8 mg/mL) Oral Suspension
We fixed an issue where when a provider used the dosing calculator while prescribing famotidine 40 mg/5 mL (8 mg/mL) oral suspension for a pediatric patient who required weight-based dosing, the dosing calculator suggested an incorrect dosage in milliliters. The dosing calculator now suggests the correct milliliter dosage for this medication.
Practice Management Enhancements
Claim and ERA Payer Name and Payer ID Additions and Updates
The following payers have been added to the payer maintenance table and/or updated with new names and/or payer IDs.
|Medica Advantage Solution HMO – POS – PPO (Medica Government Programs) (NRT/MEDM1)||
|Healthy Blue (formerly Missouri Care, Inc.) (NRT/00541)||Anthem, Inc. purchased Missouri Care, Inc. (A WellCare Company) and transitioned to a new organization name and payer ID at the end of 2020.|
|Healthy Blue (formerly Wellcare of Nebraska) (NRT/00544)||Anthem, Inc. purchased Wellcare of Nebraska and transitioned to a new organization name and payer ID at the end of 2020.|
|Passport Health Plan (DOS Prior to 01/01/2021) (NRT/61325) & Molina Healthcare of Kentucky (Passport Health Plan) (10589/61325)||Molina Healthcare has acquired certain assets of Passport Health Plan as of July 17, 2020 for claims submissions effective January 1, 2021.|
|Braven Health (Horizon BCBSNJ & Hackensack Meridian Health) (NRT/84367)||
|HMO Louisiana Blue Advantage DOS 2021 (NRT/72107)||
|Maryland Physicians Care (NRT/76498)||
|Samera Health (formerly Benefits Administrative Solutions) U8053 (NRT/8213)||
Click below to schedule a NextGen Office Demo