NCPDP SCRIPT Standard Updates
On April 16, 2018, CMS published a final rule to adopt a new National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) SCRIPT standard version 2017071 and retire the NCPDP SCRIPT version 10.6 for use in the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Program (Part D) program. To comply with this new standard, we have migrated to the NCPDP SCRIPT standard v2017071 on August 11, 2021.
This article describes the new features and enhancements that are included in the v2017071 update.
NextGen Office New Workflows/Features
- Height and weight for pediatric patients (18 or under) must be included in NewRx, RxRenewal and RxChange messages. Height and weight are pulled from last vitals entered in the patient's chart.
- All pharmacy roles can now cancel RxRenewal responses.
- RxFill message type is now supported. RxFill messages show in Prescriber Report and Rx Hx. RxFill is a notification from the pharmacy to the prescriber about dispensing activity for the prescription:
- Partially dispensed
- Not dispensed
- Medication returned to stock
- Transferred to another pharmacy
There are three common ways to indicate the need or desire to receive RxFill:
- Prescriber-selected preferences for notifications regarding dispensing activity sent within a message using RxFillIndicator.
- Trading Partner Agreements where the dispensing activity is defined outside the scope of prescriber opt-in.
- Regulatory-required notifications from the pharmacy
NextGen Office Enhancements to Existing Features
- Prescribing Dr field is now called Prescriber and the Supervising Dr field is now called Supervisor on the ePrescribe: Select a Pharmacy page and the Prescription details in Pharmacy Messages.
- Pharmacy name now supports up to 70 characters.
- Additional Sig now supports up to 950 characters and some additional special characters.
- In renewals (RxRenewal responses), Deny & Rewrite has been changed to Replace.
- Four new RxChange types are supported:
- Script Clarifications
- Drug Use Evaluation
- Out of Stock
- Prescriber Authorization
- SCRIPT standard v2017071 support in MobileRx
Call MPM today to schedule a Demo at 973-256-1998 x506