MPM a NJ Medical Billing Service on Podiatry Services
MPM a NJ Medical Billing Service has been billing Podiatry since 1996 located in Parsippany NJ and provides some insight on Podiatry billing exclusions.
Exclusions to covered podiatry services
Certain foot care services aren't covered by Medicare, and may or may not be covered under general third-party insurance.
If you're billing for podiatry services, and they fall into these categories, you may be fighting a hopeless battle against your insurance company. They are, with certain exceptions noted:
Routine Foot Care - Some exclusions to the outright denial of routine foot care services include:
- initial care, for a service that may result in a covered diagnosis
- the presence of a metabolic, neurologic, or peripheral vascular disease
- Mycotic nails
- or if the patient is under the care of a primary care physician for diabetes mellitus, chronic thrombophlebitis, or peripheral neuropathies (such as carcinoma, malnutrition, or multiple sclerosis)
Flat foot - No exceptions
Subluxation of the Foot - There are only 2 exceptions to this denial:
- that the subluxation (or dislocation) was of the ankle joint
- or for care that has resulted from the subluxation of structures within the foot.
Supportive Devices of the Foot - Exceptions include orthotic shoes that are an integral part of a leg brace, or therapeutic shoes for those with diabetes.
Therapeutic Shoes for Individuals with Diabetes - There is 1 exception to this denial, and it includes a narrow permit of special shoes and inserts for persons with diabetes.
Click on this link to view MPM Case Studies and learn how MPM has helped turn around so many Medical offices throughout the USA. If your office is losing money monthly due to poor insurance follow up, lack of staffing, insurance denials or just not enough time in day to properly over see the office work flow, MPM can help you and your office!
Click Below to schedule a Billing Consultation